PREVAC Portable Pressurization System
PREVAC Portible is a state of the art pressurizing system which provides unparalleled performance and safety in raising the water temperature inside the evaporator of a low pressure centrifugal chiller for the purpose of leak testing and performing minor repairs at zero pressure in compliance with the EPA Clean Air Act. The benefits of this mobile system include:
- 20,000 watts of power
- Pressure and temperature controlled
- Pressure readout in 1/100 psi increments
- Adjustable pressure set point from 0 to 6 psig
- Pump can be operated independently
- Stainless steel construction
- Requires only one supply voltage for all components
- Features a lightweight aluminum cart with pneumatic tires
- Patented water sensor
- Patented photo eye
- Patented electronic industrial motor operator control system
- 20kW, 480 volts
- 12kW, 240 volts
Price = $4,600.00 excl. VAT
Stationary PREVAC System
PREVAC System enhances your chiller operation by preventing air & moisture infiltration in idle chillers, surging on Start-ups, acid damage, and refrigerant release. It also eliminates electrical code violations during servicing, temporary high voltage, and temporary hose connections around high voltage. Our PREVAC system provides 1/100 of a PSI Control for minor repairs, and features a high refrigerant alarm. This system also complies with Ashrae 147, and enables safe and efficient chiller servicing.
The stationary PREVAC system also includes:
- “Pressure Seal” Mode 0.00psig Fixed Set Point
- “Leak Test” Mode 0.00 to 6.00psig Adjustable Setting
- 1/100 psi Accuracy
- Proportional Control
- Pressure Activated and/or Electrically Interlocked
- Water Heating Vessel
- Fully Temperature Controlled
- 20kW 480v or 12kW, 240v Heating Capacity
- Stainless Steel Housing for Heaters
- 350 psi Pressure Rating
- 30 gpm Pump
- High Pressure Warning & Disconnect
- 30 amp Circuit Breaker
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- High Pressure Trip
- BAS Interface
Price = $4,475.00 excl. VAT
The PREVAC system improves performance of low pressure chillers and assures personnel safety for years of chiller operation by:
- Maintaining your chiller’s refrigerant pressure to match the atmospheric pressure whenever the chiller is offline.
- Enabling you to pressurize the chiller for leak testing safely at the push of a button.
- Warning of high refrigerant pressure (5 psi) before the bursting disc ruptures.
- Enabling you to perform minor repairs at zero temperature.
The Benefits of a Chiller kept at Atmospheric Pressure:
- Chiller starts cooling immediately when started–it won’t matter how long the chiller has been idle.
- No surging at start-ups–preventing damage to internal parts.
- Keeps moisture out of refrigerant preventing acid formation.
- No need to transfer refrigerant to a separate vessel.
The Benefits of a High Pressure Warning:
- Prevents refrigerant loss before pressure reaches the bursting disc or relief valve pressure settings.
- Alarms are audible, visual, and BAS interface.
The Benefits of having a Permanent Pressurization System for Leak Testing:
- Enables anyone at anytime to pressurize for leak testing.
- Reduces labor hours.
- Pressure raised the same way every time, prevents hot water from warping tubes.
- Prevents anyone from bringing in open flame propane devices into an equipment room violating fire codes and air safety.
- Eliminates the risks of temporary electrical code violations, including:
- Connections made by non-licensed personnel
- Equipment connections without UL, ETL, or CSA approvals
- Equipment connections without proper fusing
- Exposed high voltage connections around temporary water connections